Monday, May 23, 2011

"Family Favorite Meatloaf" aka Hamburger Pie

"Family Favorite Meatloaf" aka Hamburger Pie

1.5 pounds ground beef
1 cup dry bread crumbs (I used the Seasoned kind)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 eggs
1 tsp. minced onion
1/2 can 15 oz. tomato sauce

Mix and form into a loaf and put in a 9 x 13 inch pan.  Bake at 350ยบ for 50 minutes.

Sauce:
Remaining 1/2 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar (I didn't use)
2 tsp. mustard

Pour the suace over the meatloaf during the last 10 minutes of baking.  Can serve with white rice.

SURVEY SAYS:  Keeper.  Ethan didn't like it, but he said he didn't like it before I even started making it (he ended up eating most of it, though).  I think it may just be the name "Meatloaf" that automatically turns kids off of it, so we changed the name to Hamburger Pie.  Sean really liked this recipe!  I got it from a recipe exchange at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment